Do you often find yourself getting in a rut when it comes to veggies? I mean, I just usually steam or roast them and they're good but a bit boring. And so many recipes for exciting side dishes require a lot of extra work, which is not something I generally have time for or even want to make the time for. So I was very excited when I found this easy recipe for stir-fried asparagus that not only tastes great and is a snap to whip up, but looks so pretty too!
The asparagus comes out both tender and crunchy and the sauce that coats it would be a delicious match with rice (would that I had thought of it at the time, but there's always tomorrow!) We all loved this and it literally only took about 6 minutes to put the whole thing together! Definitely a keeper for those weeknight in-a-rush dinners! Try it tonight and you'll see!!
Stir-Fried Sesame Asparagus
Serves 4-6 Prep Time: 2-3 minutes; Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch long pieces on the diagonal
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Stir soy sauce and sugar together so that sugar dissolves.
2. Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir about 15 seconds. Add asparagus and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Add soy/sugar mix and toss until asparagus is well-coated, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Note: Recipe adapted from The Bon Appetit Cookbook.