Hard to believe that this little tyke is 18 years old today?!! How can that be?! He was just a baby 5 minutes ago!! Happy Birthday James!! We miss you and can't wait to see you!! And in honor of this being his birth, I thought I'd post a super easy cookie that only has 3 ingredients, the dominant one being Nutella, a food near and dear to my middle guy's heart!! Promise to have these all ready for you the next time I see you, birthday boy!
Guys, not to be melodramatic, but these are dangerous! If you're a fan of Nutella, you will likely have a jar of the stuff in your pantry and the other two ingredients are an egg and some flour, so you can pretty safely assume that you can make these whenever you like, and they only take moments to whip up, which is why I started all this by calling these little chewy balls of Nutella goodness, dangerous!! All you do is mix together 1 egg, 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of Nutella, roll them into balls and flatten slightly and...7 minutes later you have your cookies!!
They're full of chocolate-y hazelnut goodness and when warm have slightly liquid centers. When cool, they're chewy and fudgy and even stay pliable enough after you bake them to cut them out into cute little shapes to tell someone you love them and miss them on their special day!!
Easy as 1-2-3 Nutella Cookies (and a special birthday too!)
Makes about 20 cookies
Prep Time: 5-7 minutes; Bake Time: 7 minutes
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, combine all three ingredients in a bowl and mix very well.
3. Using your hands, roll 2 tablespoon-sized balls of the dough and place onto the lined baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly with the palm of your hands.
4. Bake the tray for 7 minutes, reversing the tray once. front to back during the baking process, until the cookies are cooked around the edges but still soft in the centers. Let the cookies sit on the sheet on a baking rack for 5 minutes and then use a spatula to transfer to the rack to finish cooling completely.
5. Store in airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. Also, recipe doubles well, should you feel the need to gobble up 40 of them!
Note: Recipe adapted from http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1048221/3-ingredient-nutella-cookie-recipe