Just dropping in quickly on the holiday to share this dee-licious recipe for Strawberry Lemonade with you. It's slightly sweet, slightly tart, refreshing, easy on the eyes and would be a welcome non-alcoholic addition to any BBQ! Kids love it, adults love it and you can whip it up in no time at all and be the hit of the party!! Happy Memorial Day!!
Makes enough for 6-8 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and cut in half (about 4 cups worth)
- 2 lemons, washed and cut into quarters
- 1/2- 3/4 cup of honey, sugar or other liquid sweetner ( I used 1/2 cup honey and added about another tablespoon when my kids thought it was a little too tart)
- 6 cups of water
- Strawberry and lemon slices to use as garnish
1. Place the strawberries, honey and 1 cup of water into a blender. Puree until smooth and strain (or not if you don't mind the strawberries seeds) into a large pitcher.
2. Without washing out the blender, puree the lemon quarters and 2 cups of the water together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pitcher through a strainer, to catch all the pulp and rind--this isn't really optional like the strawberry mixture. Add the rest of the water to the pitcher to fill it up. Stir and taste to see if you need more sweetner. Add more if necessary and ice to chill it. Serve cold. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Note: Recipe adapted from http://laylita.com/recipes/2012/06/08/strawberry-lemonade/