Hiya everyone!! Sorry to be AWOL the last few days, but there was much hockey and traveling to do and little time to cook and even less time to write about it. Frankly, we're all exhausted especially my AD (that's athletic daughter, which is our current and latest term of endearment for her) but I'm back and with a light-on-effort but big on taste one-pan chicken recipe that'll make figuring out dinner for the start of the week easy-peasy and delicious!
Don't you love one-pan meals? Besides the simplicity of basically tossing all the ingredients into one pan, there's virtually no clean up, because really, how much mess can you make when only one pan is used?!! And 'cause you must line the pan here with aluminum foil, you'll be able to get back to whatever you need to do even more quickly, like cleaning, laundry, answering emails or just blobbing in front of the TV which is really all I feel up to right now!
And not only is this dish simple to make, but quick as well, as in it cooks in about 20 minutes--a blessing on those it's-6:00pm-what-are-we-going-to-do-for-dinner-tonight nights!!But the thing I love best about this, is the taste and that my friends, is from the addictive and unbelievably delicious and easy peanut sauce that not only coats the chicken and broccolini as it cooks but is there on the side for you to dip the cooked chicken and veggies (and your finger--it's ok, I won't tell) into. It's divine!! Really shows how just a simple sauce can take an ordinary meal from fine to standout!
Tender chicken, slightly charred broccolini, creamy and slightly spicy peanut sauce--sounds like a rest cure to me! Try it tonight and let me know what you think!
One-Pan Chicken with Broccolini and Peanut Sauce
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: About 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (you can use regular or natural)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- About 1 pound broccolini
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (slice them lengthwise if they are very thick or they will take too long to cook)
1. Adjust oven rack to 2nd highest position and preheat to broil. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place the sugar, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha, vinegar, water and lime juice in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together until smooth. Remove about 1/4 cup and set aside for dipping purposes.
3. Place the chicken and broccolini on the pan and pour the remaining peanut sauce mixture over them, rubbing all of the pieces to coat them thickly with the sauce. Arrange them into a single layer and place them under the broiler for about 7-10 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven, turn the pieces over and place under the broiler for another 10 minutes or so, checking often as you want things to be slightly charred and cooked through, but not singed.
4. Remove from the oven, transfer the chicken to and broccolini to a plate and serve immediately with the reserved peanut sauce for dipping.
Note: Recipe adapted from Sheet Pan Suppers by Molly Gilbert. I tinkered with some of the proportions here and cooked things a bit longer than suggested.