Happy New Year's Eve!! Still in a quandary about how to ring in the new year? Do you need a quickie last minute, no-bake dessert to bring to a party tonight? Then this is the recipe for you! These chocolate filled cookie sandwiches take just minutes to prepare, and just a little bit of time to chill. The result is an amazing mix of rich chocolate flavor and delicate sugar cookie goodness! They are seriously addictive and I guarantee that everyone will love them!!
My sister Jenny has been making these for years and among our family they are a much coveted homemade gift. Lucky for us that she's generously decided to share her secret formula. Get ready--Here it is folks: a bag (or two) of Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies and a block of the best chocolate you can get your hands on--there the secret's out and you can now make them too!
First, arrange your cookies on a lined baking sheet.
Then you melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Jenny always uses Callebaut or Valrhona chocolate, generally bittersweet, because the cookie is pretty sweet so the slight bitterness of the chocolate is a nice contrast.
Then it's just a matter of spreading a generous amount of chocolate on one cookie and sandwiching it together with another one
Doesn't get much easier than that, or much tastier. When you're all done, you can leave them as is and chill them or perform a little splatter paint art as well. Either way, you're going to fall in love!
Hope your night is filled with fun, family and friends and of course, yummy food. Happy New Year and I'll see you on the other side with some great new recipes to start off a brand new year!
Jenny's Bordeaux Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 bag yields about 12-13 sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Chill Time: At least 30 minutes to 1 hour
- 1 bag Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies
- 1 lb chocolate, bittersweet or semisweet, chopped coarsely (Callebaut or Valrhona recommended)
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Place cookies upside down on sheet, flat side facing up.
2. In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring until all chocolate is melted.
3. Spread a generous amount of the melted chocolate on half the cookies and sandwich together with remaining cookies. If desired, drizzle some of the melted chocolate on top of the cookies, using a spatula. Place cookie sheet with cookies into the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Serve immediately.
4. Leftover cookies keep well, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least a week.